VIMTA supports regulatory authorities in mandatory certification of food and agri products exported from India. VIMTA Assists the food industry commissions for nutritional labelling, food safety evaluations, trace analysis and shelf life studies.
- Fruits & vegetables
- Processed vegetables
- Fruit concentrates
- Pulses & cereals
- Meat & meat products
- Egg & egg powder
- Milk & milk products
- Nutritional facts
- Amino acids profile
- Water soluable vitamins by HPLC – B1, B2, B3, B6 and C
- Fat soluble vitamins by HPLC – A, D3, E, K1, K3
- Food additives – Codex JECFA requirements
- Nutritional labelling – US FDA labelling requirements
- Trace analysis
- Pesticide residues
- Drug residues
- Antibiotic residues
- Toxic metals
- Naturally Occurring Toxic Substances [NOTS]
- Additives and Preservatives
- Microbiological evaluations
- Shelf life studies
- Packaging Material [regenerated cellulose films, ceramicss, monomers of plastic material, nitrosamines in elastomers & rubbers] as per EU directives.
- Acrylamide content in deep fried starch products
- BADGE, BFDGE, NOGE in packed foods
- Fatty Acid Profiling
- Melamine in foods
- Phthalates in food products
- Methyl mercury in Soft drinks and fruit based products
- ISO/IEC 17025 - 2005
- GxP compliant services for specific contracts
- Segregated lab areas for different testing processes.
- Lab are designed to avoid cross contaminations
- Variable Air changes from 6 to 16 depending on requirement.
- Large number of safety hoods and fume hoods are provided
- Residue labs designed as per CODEX guidelines
- 38 walk-in cold rooms support sample custody before, during and after
- GC-MS, GC-MS/MS, GC-MS/TOF, LC-MS/MS, ICP MS
- AAS, HPLCs, TOC etc.
- All equipments are networked for integrity of operations
- Laboratory employs standard methods / duly validated test procedures.
- As of August 2007, VIMTA has 161 in house validated SOPs
- Pathogen confirmations through genetic analysis.
- PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) tests offered for quick evaluations.
- Dioxin analysis
- Stability studies can be conducted at normal and accelerated conditions at various temperature and humidity conditions.
Vimta also offers the following inspection services:
- Pre-shipment inspection services
- Quantity inspection and sampling
- Supervision of loading and dispatch operation
- Container Stuffing and Sealing
- Inspection during production
- Procurement inspection
- Quality testing and analyses of product as per country’s specific standards/international standards /contractual specifications
- Consignment Certification as per country’s specific standards contractual specifications
- Training on Internal Audit Techniques based on HACCP principles of Food Safety Management Systems [BRC, IFS, ISO 22000]
- Awareness programs on application of HACCP concept and development of Food Safety Management Systems
- Second Party Internal Auditing of Food Safety Management Systems of food processing industries [Farm to Fork]
- Microbiological evaluation of process, work environment and effectiveness of cleaning & sanitation systems of food processing industries